Tell Me More...2016-09-21 06:09
Tell Me More is a piece of software that relays messages between a certain streaming site’s proprietary web chat system and a given IRC channel. I wrote it for myself so I can chat easily on my phone with a native interface during my IIDX / SDVX streams. Maybe you will find it useful too.
- Automatic two-way chat relay between web and IRC
- Multiple stream/channel pair support
- Web nickname colorization on the IRC side
- Transparently forwards your own messages if you let it log in as yourself
- Automatically splits long lines from web chat to fit IRC limits
- IRC-side notification of viewer arrivals and departures
- Converts web-side emoticons to their textual equivalent for IRC
- Here: https://phabricator.cooltrainer.org/diffusion/TMM/repository/master/
- Anonymous clone works via HTTP only.
- License: GPLv3
- Support for relaying game screenshots from trusted user privmsg from something like ShareX
- Command support for sending a full viewer list
- Windows binary via PyInstaller? I don’t really use Windows
A first run will install a sample configuration and tell you where to find it. I use a dedicated streaming site user because I want to enable others to chat in my channel with clear differentiation, but it will work fine as yourself.